Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Stand Alone WiFi Net to Support Apple TV?

Can i use an Airport Express as a "stand alone" device, i.e. without internet connectivity or a modem? Specifically, I'd like to give my aging Dad (89), who lives near by, an Apple TV. Then I'd give him a IPod Touch to play movies and video content from. I could rent/buy movies for him to watch.

I'm not confortable with him renting or buying iTunes content on his own. So, I'm thinking that I'll buy/rent movies for him and update his IPod Touch from time to timewith new content. He does not have nor need internet at his home.

Apple TV

Posted on Jan 14, 2012 11:09 AM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Jan 14, 2012 11:49 AM

Yes, you can use the AirPort Express Base Station (AX) to create a wireless network without the AX requiring to be connected to the Internet. When doing so, the AX will have a flashing amber status light in which you can go into the AirPort Utility to disable any or all of the warnings.

2 replies

Stand Alone WiFi Net to Support Apple TV?

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.