Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Envelope woe

I ran out of business envelopes and thought I was saving time by using one of our "Evelope Personal" sized envelopes--I did figure out how to change the size of the envelope in page set-up, but I do not know how to adjust the 'tab markers' so my address is actually on my smaller envelope. I picked a template from the envelope section in pages, but it is defaulted to a #10 envelope. Seriously, I know I can just run to the store and buy some #10 envelopes, but would like to know how to change the format so if I WANT to print out a smaller envelope, like now, I can.

iMac, Mac OS X (10.7.2)

Posted on Jan 14, 2012 11:34 AM

2 replies

Jan 14, 2012 12:26 PM in response to messe5

The elements on the envelope templates are of more than one type, and how to move than depends on the type of object.

• On the "Modern Envelope" template, the vertical bar between the Company name and the return address is a (line) Shape, a graphic object.
  • The 'gear wheel' beside the recipient address is also a graphic object.
  • The Company name and the Return address are sets of merge fields, enclosed in a Text box.

When any of these objects is selected, you'll see a set of handles, one at each end of the line shape, eight at the corners and in the middle of each side of the text box and the gear wheel. Here are three of those elements as they appear when selected. I've moved them from their original positions to make the illustration smaller.

User uploaded file

This type of object is moved by dragging it with the mouse, or by nudging it with the arrow keys. Use the arrow keys to mve the object straight left or right or straight up or down. Add the shift key to make each small jump larger.

The recipient address is another set of merge fields, but these are placed in the Text Layer, rather than in a text box. The text position is determined by the Document margins, set in the Document Inspector.

User uploaded file

Once you have the smaller envelope set up, be sure to Save as Template.

Regards,

Barry

Envelope woe

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.