Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Cant use Sonic Record Now CD burning Software after Itunes Install

I just installed Itunes for the first time a few days ago and now I can't use my Sonic Record Now CD burning software for my normal CD burning of data and software that i my business. Now my "used to be normal" procedure to make business CD doesn't work. It says there are no drivers for it and I get a message saying a suitable drive is not detected. I also get an itunes message saying there is a problem with the itunes drivers, and to reinstall itunes. Does any of this make sense? I need to get my previous Sonic Record Now CD burning software back running for my business.

Dell4800, Windows XP Pro

Posted on Feb 15, 2006 3:03 PM

1 reply

Feb 15, 2006 9:19 PM in response to Community User

I had this problem when I went from iTunes 4.7 to 6.0. I uninstalled iTunes and quick time and download the quicktime standalone. I installed the standalone and DID NOT reboot. As soon as quicktime installed, I installed iTunes 6.0 and all of my CD burner drivers were missing. Thus, iTunes did not have any CD/DVD drive listed.

The key here is to install quicktime, then reboot. Install iTunes and reboot. If your burner doesn't show up, just reinstall its drivers. That worked in my case.

-M

Windows XP Pro

Cant use Sonic Record Now CD burning Software after Itunes Install

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.