Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Battery life macbook pro 15inch 2010

Hello peeps!

I have a MacBook Pro 15" 2010, and I'm very, very pleased with it. I'm a musician and this machine is just heaven! It just works, quoting the big man.

But! The battery is a problem. I bought mine almost a year ago, and my battery life has increased dramaticly.

When I'm just surfing the internet my battery will last only 2 and a half hours. My cycle count is 409, battery condition is normal.

My question. Is this normal for a less then 1 year old MBP or should I go to the store where I bought my MBP? My warranty is still valid.

Grtz,

László

MacBook Pro (15-inch Mid 2010), Mac OS X (10.7.2)

Posted on Jan 14, 2012 2:36 PM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Jan 14, 2012 2:38 PM

Get this:

http://www.coconut-flavour.com/

If your current capacity is 80% or less of design capacity, you need a new battery.

12 replies

Jan 14, 2012 2:58 PM in response to Laszlov2

For future reference, to maximize the life of your battery, remember this dirty little secret about lithium batteries: Frequent full discharge/recharge cycles are killers. Fact is, lithium batteries really don't like to be discharged below 40% of capacity. So, charge often(you can't harm doing so) and pay attention to remaining battery %.

Jan 14, 2012 4:18 PM in response to shldr2thewheel

"the battery will only charge to 80% on a full charge."

This is incorrect. Regardless of how diminished the battery's charge capacity has become, it will still charge to an indicated 100% -- but that's 100% of its current capacity, not its original capacity. So a battery whose charge capacity is only 20% of what once was may still indicate a full charge, but it probably won't power the computer more than five minutes, if the computer boots at all.

Battery life macbook pro 15inch 2010

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.