Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Rescuing my OSX files via Win7 (Fried OSX Partition)

Hello!

Running: MBP Mid-2009 with Snow Leopard and Win7 partitions via BootCamp.

I have encountered an "invalid sibling link" error and have decided to now rebuild with both operating systems on a fresh install. This has impacted only my OSX partition, Win7 is fully accessible and operational (though I will go ahead and rebuild it with WinClone as I redo OSX).

Fortunately I back up important work on an external HD (Seagate drive compatible with both Mac and PC), however there are some files that I foolishly hadn't backed up and would like to recover via Win7.

When I drag the files from my Mac HD onto the drive via Win7, it appears to copy the files just fine. However, it's important that these files be readable/accessible/editable through OSX on my new install just as they were on the old one. Being new to this kind of thing, I don't know if formatting or the "read-only" attributes on some folders will impact this or if these are even going to be usable files.

Essentially, I need to know how to archive OSX files on my external HD through Win7 in a way that will allow me to access them and have them function just as they did on the old OSX installation.

Thank you!

MacBook Pro

Posted on Jan 14, 2012 4:00 PM

There are no replies.

Rescuing my OSX files via Win7 (Fried OSX Partition)

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.