Want to highlight a helpful answer? Upvote!

Did someone help you, or did an answer or User Tip resolve your issue? Upvote by selecting the upvote arrow. Your feedback helps others! Learn more about when to upvote >

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

all loops have disappeared from logic 9 bin

but are in apple loops folder in library...can't jumpstart re-indexing by dragging a loop into the bin as suggested here...In fact, can't re-index by any means. I was working on a song, and clicked 'something' and suddenly the loops were greyed out. Songs with loops in them play normally, but there's nothing in the bin. Tried adding new loops from a recently acquired cd, and it 'said' they were being added, but...no...I can't find them, nor any other new ones I've added in the past, nor the garage band ones that were originally installed. Any help would be appreciated, and I may have to pay apple to sort this out for me..has anyone had any luck with them, or this?

imac

Posted on Jan 14, 2012 6:10 PM

5 replies

Jan 15, 2012 7:51 AM in response to CCTM

Hi, and thanks for the reply. No joy, however, as of yet. I had checked and tried these suggestions before, but did again just in case. 'Show All' doesn't seem to indicate which libraries are indexed...in fact, nothing at all happens when I click and hold 'view'. Music is, and was selected. When I load Logic, a dialogue box comes on saying "There are no Apple Loops installed on your System. Please reinstall the Apple Loop Package", yet I can clearly see them when I go into the Library.

Jan 15, 2012 8:21 AM in response to timoversion

Hi

If you did a standard install, they should be in <Startup Disk>:Library:Audio:Apple Loops??

If they are there, but Logic cannot find them, could be you need to re-index the whole lot:

Easy/quick method: Control Click in the lowwer half of the Loop Browser andf choose "Re-Index.."

If that does not do it, Quit Logic then:

Go to <Startup Disk>:Library:Audio:Apple Loops Index

Move all the files in here to the Desktop and restart Logic

HTH

CCT

Jan 15, 2012 9:24 AM in response to CCTM

Your suggestion (I was able to use the easy/quick method) improved things considerably, it seems about 60% of the loops have now been restored. I thank you very much.

I'm now wondering if (in an attempt to recover the remaining 30-40%) I should go ahead and follow the rest of your suggestion, removing the files to the desktop and re-starting LOGIC. Would that cause any issues with the files that are now resored? How might I go about this?

all loops have disappeared from logic 9 bin

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.