Want to highlight a helpful answer? Upvote!

Did someone help you, or did an answer or User Tip resolve your issue? Upvote by selecting the upvote arrow. Your feedback helps others! Learn more about when to upvote >

Newsroom Update

Apple and Google deliver support for unwanted tracking alerts in iOS and Android. Learn more >

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

I cannot share pages documents using iWork on ipad

I have been able to share pages documents and numbers documents with others using iWork for months. I shared a pages document just three days ago.

Yesterday, using the same methods I have always used to share I now get an error message.

when I try to share using iWork, I get an error message that I must configure a valid email account with an apple ID.

I enter the same .me.com address and password which I always use, I used to sign in to this help community, and it says I do not have email configured.

I do have email configured. I have iCloud on, and my iCloud account is using my me.com address and confirms that it is active with an expiration date for the extra space I purchased in the cloud for the year.

Any ideas how to fix this ???

Thanks

iPad 2, iOS 5.0.1, Pages and numbers document sharing

Posted on Jan 14, 2012 7:01 PM

3 replies

Feb 22, 2012 12:24 PM in response to Coder01

I'm having the same problem with trying to upload a Numbers file from my iPhone to iWork.com. My Apple ID has been up and working for years, along with a valid email address. I have iCloud active and dozens of apps, though I have never tried to share an iWork document to iwork.com from my iPhone before.

In fact, if I go to iWork.com on my Mac and enter in my details (and I have triple checked this) it says my Apple ID is not valid! Which it clearly is everywhere else and I can go to manage my Apple ID on my Mac no problem. There is no 'verify your email address' email in my inbox, (there really shouldn't need to be one anyway).

This would appear to be an issue where iWork.com seems not to be communicating properly with the servers holding Apple IDs, which doesn't make any sense.

Anyone have any explanation? The only thing I can think of is that perhaps iWork.com is going to get a revamp due to improved iCloud document sharing either following the March 7th announcement or along with the release of Mountain Lion in the summer and they are messing around with the servers.

Very frustrating in the meantime though!

iPhone 4, iOS Numbers, iOS 5.0.1, iCloud

I cannot share pages documents using iWork on ipad

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.