Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

syncserver uses 98% of CPU

I get spindump then Macbook slows way down and I launch Activity Monitor then there it is as I know it will be: Syncserver is using 98% or more of CPU. I quit or force quit and it goes away and I'm happy for an hour or so then it comes back. I've tried disk utility repair. I've tried many of the suggestions Googled. I took the Macbook to Genius Bar and they weren't familiar with SyncServer. Help, I'm not a programer and haven't used Terminal. I really can't use the laptop without quitting Syncserver repeatedly. Mac OS 10.5.8 Processor 2.1 GHz Intel Core 2 Duo with 1GB 667 MHz DDR2 SDRAM. Thank you so much for your time.

Posted on Jan 14, 2012 11:41 PM

2 replies

Jan 31, 2012 3:17 AM in response to lazyeeore

I have the same problem.

I have a IMac

Mac OS 10,5,8

Processor 2,4GHz Intel Core 2 Duo

Memory 3GB 800MHz DDR2 SDRAM

In the Activity Monitor the Syncserver process grow in size with time, it stop growing when there is no more space... At that point the computer is useless,

User uploaded file

you hear the hard disk working like crazy. I'm not using MobileMe or IClaud at all. I can not open iSync I got is error

User uploaded file

I tried solution mentioned in this site but no lock!

User uploaded file

Can sombody help us.

Oct 14, 2012 9:35 AM in response to soulnette

I was having the same problem when I noticed that the Sync icon in my toolbar showed a warning.

There were two measly conflicts for my calendar (Father's Day & Memorial Day). When I simply clicked through to resolve them, suddenly SyncServer went from perpetually using 40% of my CPU to dropping totally off of Activity Monitor.

Two stupid calendar conflicts had caused it to burn CPU & battery life for weeks.

If that doesn't help here is Apple's info file on how to reset the SyncServices folder:

http://support.apple.com/kb/TS1627

syncserver uses 98% of CPU

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.