Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Time Machine restore of iCal - how do I do this?

How do I use Time Machine to restore iCal to a previous backup?

This is the first time I have tried to restore but I've spent hours trying to figure this out and I can't believe how difficult and un-intuitive this is. I thought I could pick a date and click Restore on Time Machine and it would overlay any differences to all files back to the snapshot as at that backup. Certainly does not seem to be as simple as that.

Apple Care does not work on weekends so any assistance today would be enormously appreciated. Kind regards.

MacBook Pro (15-inch Mid 2010), Mac OS X (10.7.2)

Posted on Jan 14, 2012 11:10 PM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Jan 15, 2012 7:35 AM

uworlds,

Open the Macintosh HD/Users/yourusername/Library and note the location of the Calendars Folder. To get to the Library Folder, use Finder>Go>Depress the "Option" key>Library. Keep that window open in the foreground.

Quit iCal, and find the appropriate time line in Time Machine. Then replace the "Calendars" Folder.

User uploaded file

4 replies
Question marked as Best reply

Jan 15, 2012 7:35 AM in response to uworlds

uworlds,

Open the Macintosh HD/Users/yourusername/Library and note the location of the Calendars Folder. To get to the Library Folder, use Finder>Go>Depress the "Option" key>Library. Keep that window open in the foreground.

Quit iCal, and find the appropriate time line in Time Machine. Then replace the "Calendars" Folder.

User uploaded file

Time Machine restore of iCal - how do I do this?

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.