Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Aperture 3 to AppleTV 2

I've scanned a few thousand slides, and I found the editing and ajustments in iPhoto somewhat crude. PhotoShop and PhotoShop Elements are too complext to use, so I signed up for the Aperture 3 trial. The only way I will ever view these slides are on my Apple TV but I'm having trouble. It looks like I can still only access my iPhoto library. I've read what other people say on the matter, and tried the various hints I found, but I still seem to be unable to figure out how I can access the Aperture library from my ATV2.

Thanks in advacne for your help on this matter.

Posted on Jan 15, 2012 7:46 AM

5 replies

Jan 15, 2012 8:44 AM in response to Per Sjofors

Doesn't the Apple TV access the images through iTunes? Is your Aperture library not showing up in iTunes?

In order for iTunes to see the Aperture library you need to make sure preview sharing is on in Aperture. Go to Aperture->Preferences->Previews and make sure the Share previews with iLife and iWork is set to always. Also make sure the New projects generate previews is set.

Now check iTunes.

Post back if you have more questions or still have a problem.

regards

Jan 15, 2012 9:50 AM in response to Frank Caggiano

Frank,

Appreciate your reply. I cannot see the Aperture library in iTunes and I don't understand where to look for it. Both Share previews with iLife and iWork and New projects generate previews is set.

There is a "Show Aperture Library" in iPhoto, but it does just that - show the library in a pop-up window - and nothing more. I can drag the photos from this pop-up to iPhoto and then they copy the photos, not the links.

Please let me know what I'm missing.

Per Sjofors

Jan 15, 2012 10:11 AM in response to Per Sjofors

In iTunes go to Advanced>Choose Photo's to Share. Check in the "Share Photo's from" box and navigate the selection to your Aperture Library. You can also choose whether to share all photo's or just selected folders.

Make sure home sharing is turned on on both your Mac and your AppleTV.

On your AppleTV got to 'Computers', select the library you want to see the photo's from, and then navigate to 'Photo's'.

Aperture 3 to AppleTV 2

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.