Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

dropped iPad - black screen

I dropped my iPad from a low distance, not very hard. I had an otter box around it. Upon dropping, the screen looked all crazy and the buttons main button didn't respond. I held the Power button and it turned off. I cannot get it to turn back on - the screen is black. It seems to have a little bit of backlight upon pressing the power button but nothing shows up on the screen. When I connected it to the computer, the iPad completely synched and it seems that all of the data is fine on it. Is there a way to fix the screen? Help!

iPad

Posted on Jan 15, 2012 9:23 AM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Mar 30, 2013 1:32 PM

jampot31 I dropped my ipad from 6 inches - and got the dreaded black screen - the reset didnt work, soft or hard and had resigned myself to an expensive repair when my wife said - if a small drop can break it, may a small drop can fix it...try dropping it onto the carpet a few times -

....and surprise surprise - weird femail logic triumphs again - it works ! no problems at all - how about that then ! a very happy man 🙂 😍 my wife

25 replies
Question marked as Best reply

Mar 30, 2013 1:32 PM in response to Philly_Phan

jampot31 I dropped my ipad from 6 inches - and got the dreaded black screen - the reset didnt work, soft or hard and had resigned myself to an expensive repair when my wife said - if a small drop can break it, may a small drop can fix it...try dropping it onto the carpet a few times -

....and surprise surprise - weird femail logic triumphs again - it works ! no problems at all - how about that then ! a very happy man 🙂 😍 my wife

Jan 15, 2012 9:57 AM in response to Doonza

I wouldn't want to give any confidence at all but here are some easy things to try.

First, try a system reset. It cures many ills and it's quick, easy and harmless...

Hold down the on/off switch and the Home button simultaneously until the screen blacks out or you see the Apple logo. Ignore the "Slide to power off" text if it appears. You will not lose any apps, data, music, movies, settings, etc.

If the Reset doesn't work, try a Restore. Note that it's nowhere near as quick as a Reset. From iTunes, select the iPad/iPod and then select the Summary tab. Follow directions for Restore and be sure to say "yes" to the backup. You will be warned that all data (apps, music, movies, etc.) will be erased but, as the Restore finishes, you will be asked if you wish the contents of the backup to be copied to the iPad/iPod. Again, say "yes."

dropped iPad - black screen

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.