Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Accidentally hit cancel when prompted to restore. How do I get that screen back or can I?

Here's my dilema. I have a 4s (one month old with most recent version of software). Yesterday in the middle of a text the screen slowly went black and the phone simply died. Battery life was at 100% at the time. I tried to reboot. Nothing. Just a black screen. I plugged phone into my iMac with most recent version of OS. iTunes did not find the phone. I tried to reboot while plugged into the iMac. Nothing. I unplugged the phone and plugged it back in. Nothing. I left the phone plugged into the iMac with itunes running. I've been all over these boards trying everything with no response from the phone whatsoever. After about 4 hrs a window in itunes popped up and said it detected the iphone in restore mode and did I want to restore or cancel. I accidentally hit cancel (ARG!!! and yes stupid!). Now again the phone is not recognized and I've repeatedly tried all of the same steps above. Next will be calling apple but wanted to post here first to see if any of you had any suggestions.

Thanks!

Posted on Jan 15, 2012 9:32 AM

2 replies

Accidentally hit cancel when prompted to restore. How do I get that screen back or can I?

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.