Skip navigation

Search functionality on IMPORTED emails on icloud.com?

394 Views 1 Reply Latest reply: Jan 19, 2012 11:47 AM by kaimcf RSS
kaimcf Level 1 Level 1 (0 points)
Currently Being Moderated
Jan 15, 2012 12:34 PM

Background: I imported all of my old emails into my iCloud account since I want to ditch the old one. I had no problem dragging and dropping between the two accounts while set up in Outlook, and all the mesages now show up just fine on iCloud.com. (Total imported ~1.2Gb)

Problem: Then I noticed, whenever I did any search for any emails that had been imported, I get 0 results no matter what. I was hoping that iCloud.com needed to "index" the emails or something and eventually the search would work, but it has been 2 weeks and still no ability to search the vast majority of my library of emails. When I search for stuff that came in within the past 2 weeks (since the import), it works perfectly. I have tried a couple times shuffling the messages between Archive / Inbox folder to see if doing so will get the search to pick them up - no luck.

I know a lot of people must have switched from gmail or others and did a similar import - can you please report if the search did / did not work on your imported messages? Thanks!

Windows 7

Actions

More Like This

• Retrieving data ...

Bookmarked By (0)

Legend

• This solved my question - 10 points
  • This helped me - 5 points
This site contains user submitted content, comments and opinions and is for informational purposes only. Apple disclaims any and all liability for the acts, omissions and conduct of any third parties in connection with or related to your use of the site. All postings and use of the content on this site are subject to the Apple Support Communities Terms of Use.