Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Can no longer access iTunes store nor log into Apple ID account

I can suddenly no longer log into iTunes store and my over 10 year old Apple ID log in information seems to have been corrupted.

Apple ID and pasword are unrecognized, and what's weird, when I get directed to My Apple ID to reset the password,

I do NOT receive the promised email to reset that password.

Last window will say "Email has been sent. When you receive your sign in information, follow the directions in the email to reset your password.

- but NO email is coming!

HELP!

Do not want to set up a new account, since I would hate to lose all previous purchases etc...

iMac, Mac OS X (10.5.8), 2 GHz Intel Core Duo

Posted on Jan 15, 2012 1:01 PM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Jan 15, 2012 3:07 PM

Update: after some internet and support research, I was finally able to fix the Apple ID problem!

It seems the issue traces back to setting up a new iPhone 4S and signing up for iCloud in the process a couple of weeks ago..

It seems it was a conflict of email addresses, associated with both the origianl Apple ID and the new iCloud account (iCloud orces you to set up a new account, since only email address Apple IDs work on iCloud).

Anywasy, found this workaround fix online: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=OAu0TMFmf50

- finally, no more endless loop of email verifications & wrong passwords!

Thanks, Iconic HD!

2 replies
Question marked as Best reply

Jan 15, 2012 3:07 PM in response to J and F__

Update: after some internet and support research, I was finally able to fix the Apple ID problem!

It seems the issue traces back to setting up a new iPhone 4S and signing up for iCloud in the process a couple of weeks ago..

It seems it was a conflict of email addresses, associated with both the origianl Apple ID and the new iCloud account (iCloud orces you to set up a new account, since only email address Apple IDs work on iCloud).

Anywasy, found this workaround fix online: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=OAu0TMFmf50

- finally, no more endless loop of email verifications & wrong passwords!

Thanks, Iconic HD!

Can no longer access iTunes store nor log into Apple ID account

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.