Want to highlight a helpful answer? Upvote!

Did someone help you, or did an answer or User Tip resolve your issue? Upvote by selecting the upvote arrow. Your feedback helps others! Learn more about when to upvote >

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

ATTO SCSI cards

Has anyone got an ATTO UL4S SCSI (with latest firmware and driver) card running in an Xserve G5 with OS X 10.4.x server ?

I am able to see the card with the ATTO config tool but get a message that the flash is bad and cannot see any devices on the SCSI bus. The error is User Client callfailed (code 0xe00002c7)

I have removed the card from the Xserve and installed it into a G4 (10.3.9) tower and it works fine and sees the devices on the SCSI bus uses the same cables and devices.

Powerbook G4 12 1.33GHz Mac OS X (10.4.4)

Posted on Feb 15, 2006 6:28 PM

3 replies

Feb 23, 2006 12:20 PM in response to SimonRCanada

I experienced similar issues (intermittently not seeing devices on the bus) when attempting to use ATTO SCSI cards on both Xserves and PowerMac G5's. A technical resource from Apple advised me that while ATTO cards were in fairly wide use amongst Apple customers, no official endorsement testing was done and Apple's recommendation was to equip the Xserve G5 with Apple's add-on generic SCSI card, which can only be obtained as an option when buying the server, and is probably somewhat customized. All I do know for certain is that it's made by LSI. I've had no issues with the LSI card. Apple evidently doesn't even have a part number for it.

ATTO SCSI cards

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.