Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

How can I export trimmed video clips from iPhoto?

I have video clips from a kid's sporting event that I need to send to other parents on the team. I've got 73 clips that have been loaded from an SD card, and I've trimmed the length on about half of them.

I'm trying to figure out the best way to export them from iPhoto. When I select 'Original', I get the full-size files, but they're not trimmed. I can drag and drop the clips from iPhoto to a folder, and I do get files that are trimmed correctly, but they're very small (around 12K), so I'm guessing that they link to files on my own hard drive, and won't work if I send them to somebody else.

I am guessing that I could fix the problem manually by making a list of videos that I trimmed, opening each one of the 12K files files in QT Player, and saving that movie. This creates a full-size movie file which is the right file size for the trimmed portion. However, I'd like to be able to do all of this in a single batch operation. Is there a solution for this?

iPhoto '11, Mac OS X (10.6.8)

Posted on Jan 15, 2012 2:46 PM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Jan 15, 2012 4:41 PM

You can't. Trimming inside iPhoto stays inside iPhoto. (Does that have a familiar ring to it?) All trimming must be done outside of iPhoto with Quicktime Player. So export the clips to a folder on the Desktop and do the trimming there.

OT

1 reply

How can I export trimmed video clips from iPhoto?

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.