11 Replies Latest reply: Oct 21, 2015 6:20 AM by ToddK1
getsmart00 Level 1 (10 points)

Hi everyone,

I have set up my calendars in ical to work with icloud and everything is going great.

The problem i have is that when i invite someone to a meeting or reply to a meeting invite the invitation is send from my iCloud email address. Instead i want the invitation or reply to be send my business email account.

Anyone have any suggestions on how to select which account the invtiations are sent from?

Thanks

• michelefromudine Level 1 (0 points)

Hi

I had the same issue and I fixed it adding my business email account to my apple profile. Also you have to set it like preferred email address.

In that way the business address will be used to send invitation from.

At this point the issue I have is that my account on apple is an Italian account and even if I have everything localized in english (icloud, Mac, ...) iCloud sends the invitation emails (for those that don't have icloud) in italian not very professional...

Hope this helped.

Mic

• Ryan Grønborg Level 1 (0 points)

I've changed my email in my Apple Profile to my work email. But iCal i still sending out email invitations from my @me.com email.

Did you really fix it?

I've Googled and read a lot. But haven't found an answer yet. I know it was not possible in MobileMe.

• michelefromudine Level 1 (0 points)

This is what I did

1. replaced my apple id account email (you can also add other email addresses that are connected to your account)

2. changed my personal contact card into the Mac address book: the email you want the ical reminder come from has to be the first listed into your contact card

DId yoy tried it?

Mic

1. I didn't replace my user@me.com login with my user@work.com email. I only changed my email information to my user@work.com email. I still login with user@me.com.

2. The me card in both my local address book and the addressbook on iCloud only contains my user@work.com email.

From what I've read in other threads, changing the apple id email means deleting my iCloud account and starting over with a new login email. Apple officially says that it's not possible. But others seem to have succeed with it.

Do you know of any other solution?

Further research:

1. It seems that once you've got an Apple ID that's an user@me.com account, you can't change the email.

2. New Apple ID:

My work email used to be an alternate contant email to the user@me.com account. I've now deleted it, but I'm still not able to create a new Apple ID with my work email. It says that the work email is already associated with an Apple ID. It looks like somehow my work email is still registered with the other Apple ID even though I've deleted it.

So it seems I'm out of luck.

• JSky33 Level 1 (0 points)

Here's a solution that works for me.

I have several email addresses, so I have several sub-Inboxes set up in Mail.  (Snow Leopard 10.6)

I select my "work" sub-Inbox in Mail so only my "work" emails are listed. Then when I create an event in iCal, the invite email comes from my "work" address.   If I change and select my "personal" sub-Inbox in Mail then create an event in iCal, the invite email is now from my "personal" address.

I just have to remember to select the right sub-Inbox in Mail, before creating the calendar invite.

Apple, in a future release, please show the "from" address in an iCal event when inviting people. This would help us avoid sending from the wrong address.

• keileenj Level 1 (5 points)

If you have several "sub-inboxes", it seems that Mail uses the one at the top of the list to send calendar invites from. So if you primarily use one account to send invites from (I.e., your work account), then drag it to the top of the list.

• williamfromsnoqualmie Level 1 (0 points)

Nond of these worked for me.

• majch Level 1 (0 points)

Has anyone discovered a solution for this?  Apple should just allow you to select the email address you'd like the iCal invite to send from.

• wantapple Level 1 (0 points)

None of these suggestions worked for me either.

Apple seriously need to build an option into iCal that allows the user to choose which email address they want to send an invite from.

It isn't uncommon for people to have multiple email addresses for personal / work purposes. I DON'T want to invite people to work meetings from my personal email address ...

Please fix ASAP!

• ToddK1 Level 1 (0 points)

And yet again....None of these suggestions worked for me either.

Apple seriously need to build an option into iCal that allows the user to choose which email address they want to send an invite from.

It isn't uncommon for people to have multiple email addresses for personal / work purposes. I DON'T want to invite people to work meetings from my personal email address ...

APPLE!!!!!!   Please fix ASAP!  Without this option iCal is useless for business.