Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

if I move to iCloud, can I still use my mac mail on my android phone

I have a macbook Pro 17" mid 2009, ipad 2 and an android htc evo... (switching back to iphone in June when contract is up) Anyway.. if i move email on the macs to icloud will my mac mail still continure to funtion on my android? I have had my .mac account since 2001 and only used gmail and google as a secondary emai, so I don't want to lose function of mac mail on my email. (since icloud not supported)

Posted on Jan 15, 2012 4:16 PM

4 replies

Jun 4, 2012 10:38 PM in response to Bob Lamonte1

I am interested in this also. I am preparing to move my Mac Mini to OS X Lion next week, so then I'll be set to move to iCloud. However, I still want to receive my .me mail on my Android phone, also, and the wording on the iCloud move page is a bit confusing. The choices seem to be that all your devices are iCloud capable (the Android phoen is not) or if I want to keep using my .me email (I do, but if I choose that so I keep getting it via the phone, what does that mean to my iCloud settings for my Mac Mini?).

I'm still hunting for the answer, but thought I'd leave a note here in case Bob or someone knows.

EDIT:

Just so everyone knows, I have found this: http://support.apple.com/kb/HT4929

Again, it is a bit confusing, since it says I can choose to move to iCloud or keep my email address. Both ways appear to say my Android phone can still get mail, but does choosing the first mean I no longer have my current me.com address (I get a new one?)? Does choosing to keep the address erally mean no iCloud on my Mac Mini util after June 30th? (I am hoping to get it allset up and working by then.)

Just trying to figure out the path of least pain here. 🙂

Jun 4, 2012 11:50 PM in response to mikelewis

You must migrate at http://me.com/move before June 30. If you can upgrade to Lion you should do so and then migrate, and should choose the first option to migrate everything.

If the OP cannot upgrade to Lion he should take the second option, to migrate mail only. This will not take effect until June 30.

Once migrated, either soon or on July 1, you should set Mail on your Mac up to receive iCloud email:

Entering iCloud email settings manually in Snow Leopard or Leopard

and also the mail app on your Android phone using these settings:

http://support.apple.com/kb/HT4864

Your @me.com (and if you already have one, your @mac.com) address will continue to work.

Jun 5, 2012 12:11 AM in response to Roger Wilmut1

Thank you, Roger. I think that sets my mind at ease as I prepare the move to Lion!

I hope to get an iPhone eventually so that will make my Android issues moot. (I want to like my Android phone because the service provider I'm with is so inexpensive -- but the phone is really gettign in my way now.) Until then, checking my main me.com address on it will be useful 🙂

Thanks!

if I move to iCloud, can I still use my mac mail on my android phone

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.