Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Problem with file permissions using Snow Lepord

I'm having problems with file Sharing & Permissions using Snow Lepord.

When I save any new file it only has 'Read & Write' privileges for the user, everyone else is 'read only' or 'no access'.

We have a Netgear NAS Server which is accessed by other users over the local network and if I change the Privilege to 'read & write' via Get Info and then copy the file from my desktop to ther server it changes the Privilege of the server version to 'no access' we then have to change it again for it to work.

I also created a new folder on the server and now it says 'no access' and has a no entry icon!

Any ideas???

User uploaded fileUser uploaded fileUser uploaded file

iMac, Mac OS X (10.6.8)

Posted on Jan 16, 2012 5:52 AM

2 replies

Jan 7, 2014 4:13 PM in response to Dansyacht

We have issues like this. Have tried running AFP and SMB, now connecting using CIFS. All have the same problem. I can work on one or two files fine, then suddenly, one of the files I just worked on says I don't have permissions. I log off the server and log back on, and then I have permissions to the file. It will work fine for one or two operations, then fails. We just updated to OSX Mavericks and a Windows 2012 server, but have been having this issue for years. My permissions look fine. I can even change permissions, but it won't let me work on the file or move or delete the file or rename the file. Once I log out and log back in, I can do anything I want.

Problem with file permissions using Snow Lepord

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.