Apple Event: May 7th at 7 am PT

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

does lion support quicken

Power Mac G5

Posted on Jan 16, 2012 6:06 AM

7 replies

Jan 16, 2012 6:28 AM in response to Arthur LaMontagne

As Allan has said, no, Intuit has chosen not to keep Quicken well updated, and have only offered a dumbed-down version for Lion users. They have announced that they plan to update Quicken 2007 for Lion sometime "in the spring," but I wouldn't hold my breath, considering their track record. They do not value their Mac-using customers, and you don't want to do business with a company that does not value you. Take this opportunity to migrate to some other banking software.

Mar 8, 2012 3:23 PM in response to Arthur LaMontagne

MacLife recently did a review of replacement software for Quicken (Is There Life After Quicken?, Nov. 2011). They reviewed five products. My personal choice is SeeFinance (download, unlimited free trial, $30). I am mainly interested in tracking investment prices and this does the job. Auto updates of prices, etc. If you used Quicken for your banking and budgets, this might not be your fav. The trial is still free and unlimited time though.

Good luck.

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.