Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Aperture Transfer from one Mac to another.

I have two mac's currently both with aperture. I recently purchased another IMac of a employe and I can't transfer Aperture 3 to my new mac. Do I need to repurchase it or is there a way to transfer it correctly?

Aperture 3, Mac OS X (10.7.2)

Posted on Jan 16, 2012 10:58 AM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Jan 16, 2012 11:12 AM

How did you buy Aperture 3?

• If you bought it from the App Store, you can download it to your new mac, using the same Apple ID and password and install it for private purposes on up to five Apple computers you own
  • If you bought a boxed version,you are entitled to install it on one desktop computer and one laptop. It is a single user licence, you can only run it on one computer at a time. So to install it on your new machine, you will have to remove it from one of your other machines (that's what the EULA agreement says). Then install it from the DVD and enter the serial number.

Regards

Léonie

8 replies
Question marked as Best reply

Jan 16, 2012 11:12 AM in response to bge319

How did you buy Aperture 3?

• If you bought it from the App Store, you can download it to your new mac, using the same Apple ID and password and install it for private purposes on up to five Apple computers you own
  • If you bought a boxed version,you are entitled to install it on one desktop computer and one laptop. It is a single user licence, you can only run it on one computer at a time. So to install it on your new machine, you will have to remove it from one of your other machines (that's what the EULA agreement says). Then install it from the DVD and enter the serial number.

Regards

Léonie

Jan 16, 2012 3:41 PM in response to bge319

I actually typed my question wrong. I do own all the IMac's in my office and also I did purchase the boxed version of Aperture from a apple store not a employe. I was trying to file transfer the aperture file between my IMac's and that was not working. Which is why I asked the question. However I was able to resolve the isue by using the original disc that aperture came with. Thanks for the help though.

Aperture Transfer from one Mac to another.

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.