Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Cannot update my dual core 2.0Ghz Power Mac G5, says it is not authenticated from Apple and cannot be!? What the heck is this? I have NEVER came across this. Please, anyone with help let me in on this!!! ;)

I have an older 2005 2x2.0Ghz PowerMac G5 with 1 GB ram, 160 HD 10.5 that needs ALL the updates since I just brought this computer back from the dead. I usually have no probs but this one says it cannot authenticate the downloads and they could be corrupted>? What is this and more importantly, how the **** do I get around this to sell this computer>? I need all the updates to download iLife and of course one needs this step in order for ANYTHING to operate properly. ANY ONE please help thank you much!!!!!!!🙂

Mac Pro, Mac OS X (10.7), Primarily for Logic 9/Recording Studio

Posted on Jan 16, 2012 11:45 AM

7 replies

Jan 16, 2012 1:50 PM in response to BDAqua

I was using software update....I did try a different HD(Thanx Texas man!) and that worked. So that being said, is the HD bad? I bought 20 of them so I need to know if Im going to have an issue with all them? BD, you are correct in regards to the airport having issues....that was the prob i believe. I just have to make sure that the rest of my drives are ok. Thanks all.

Cannot update my dual core 2.0Ghz Power Mac G5, says it is not authenticated from Apple and cannot be!? What the heck is this? I have NEVER came across this. Please, anyone with help let me in on this!!! ;)

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.