Want to highlight a helpful answer? Upvote!

Did someone help you, or did an answer or User Tip resolve your issue? Upvote by selecting the upvote arrow. Your feedback helps others! Learn more about when to upvote >

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Could my WiFi be affected by iOS?

Over the past several weeks we have been experiencing intermittent WiFi disconnections. This has peaked today in which the connection has dropped every 10 minutes or so. I've rebooted which seems to have offered a current spell of stability.

Since this problem has started I have changed my modem from a Belkin to a T-Link TDW8960N, I have changed all cables too.

My UK ISP is SKY and I have been a customer of theirs for three years at different addresses and never experienced a problem. Unfortunately because I no longer used their modem, they will not offer support bar check the line and they see no issues.

The thing is the problem persists even though all equipment has been upgraded and I am at a loss as to what could be causing it. Until my other half stated that this all coincided with us getting an Apple TV, which also coincides with me getting an iPhone 4S which also coincides with the upgrade to iOS 5 on my iPad and her iPhone 4.

Devices connected by wifi: iMac, Apple TV 2, iPhone 4, iPhone 4S, iPad 1, iPad 2, Xbox 360, Wii.

Devices connected by Ethernet: Xbox 360, PS3

Can devices disrupt Wifi? Our connection never turns red on the modem but it is lost across all devices when it happens.

Any tips would be very much welcomed.

iMac 3.06 GHz Intel Core 2 Duo, Mac OS X (10.7.2)

Posted on Jan 16, 2012 1:30 PM

2 replies

Feb 4, 2012 8:20 PM in response to Antonio Spinozzi1

Just resolved this problem. It was my Xbox disrupting wifi signals. My router and Apple TV both were affected. I'd suggest disconnecting the power on your xbox unit and checking connectivity again. My Xbox was dormant and still disrupting devices. I also have a wireless turtle beach headset plugged into the Xbox so I'm not sure if it's the Xbox itself or the turtle beach headset receiver but unplugging the Xbox disconnects both. Best of luck. I went crazy trying to figure out why I was losing signal and cinnectivity.

Could my WiFi be affected by iOS?

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.