Apple Event: May 7th at 7 am PT

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

how to check that photos were sent

I want to see that photos were sent from my iphoto via "share". Using Lion and iLife 11. This from the Apple page:

To view your photo email messages:

To view email you send from iPhoto, you need to send yourself each email message. iPhoto can automatically send you a “blind” carbon copy (blind means that your recipients won’t see that you are a recipient too).

1. Choose iPhoto > Preferences, and then click Advanced.
  2. Select “Automatically Bcc myself.”

You can also see whether or when you emailed a photo. Select the photo, click the Info button in the toolbar, and look in the Sharing section to see to whom and when the photo was sent. Click the entry in the Sharing section to open an email you’ve sent, so you can view, edit, or resend it. (If you don’t see a Sharing section, you haven’t shared the photo.)

Two Concerns:

1. Now when I send them to myself, I get the email and I can't see the photo unless I use "Quicklook".

2. If I select the photo in iphoto (after sending it) and use 'info', I can see the info window but I can't see how I can prove to myself that it was send and when. Where is the "sharing section" that is referred to?

Any suggestions are welcome.

gjh

Posted on Jan 16, 2012 4:31 PM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Jan 16, 2012 7:01 PM

#2 - 1Click on the thumbnail and type Command+i to bring out the Info tray at the right. The work "emailed" will be added to the Description:

User uploaded file

If you search for "emailed" in the serach window at the bottom you'll find all photos that were emailed by iPhoto.

OT

2 replies

how to check that photos were sent

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.