Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Serial Number (System): Not Available

Last week I noticed my USB ports were not working. Before taking my Macbook for repair, I first tried upgrading OS to Lion OSX (previous was Snow Leopard), which did not solve my problem. Then, I took it to repair. Today I brought it back and I noticed Serial Number was not available though "About this Mac" menu. Did anyone face this before?

PS: After upgrade I did not check this menu

MacBook, Mac OS X (10.7.2)

Posted on Jan 16, 2012 4:30 PM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Jan 16, 2012 4:37 PM

I had to have the Logic Board replaced in my iMac G5 a long time ago and the serial # was no longer available as it is associated with the Logic Board.....I would expect they replaced the Logic Board in your MacBook to solve the USB problem......on my MacBook (4,1) the serial# is also in the battery compartment.......

2 replies
Question marked as Best reply

Jan 16, 2012 4:37 PM in response to Abarone77

I had to have the Logic Board replaced in my iMac G5 a long time ago and the serial # was no longer available as it is associated with the Logic Board.....I would expect they replaced the Logic Board in your MacBook to solve the USB problem......on my MacBook (4,1) the serial# is also in the battery compartment.......

Serial Number (System): Not Available

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.