Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Album artwork in the Cloud

ITunes will upload artwork to the cloud if it is available when the library is initially uploaded. If you add an album later by ripping a CD, it is immediately uploaded to the cloud without its artwork. You can subsequently use "Get Album Artwork" to load the artwork to the local library, but it doesn't get pushed to the Cloud. How can I force iTunes to push album artwork to the cloud after the fact?

iTunes-OTHER, Mac OS X (10.7.2)

Posted on Jan 16, 2012 5:16 PM

1 reply

Nov 11, 2013 9:17 AM in response to David Allan Krause

I have a similar problem where cloud album art messing things up.

I pre-ordered an album when one song was available for download, and that song had it's own album art (as a single). Well, now the entire album is out, the album has different art, but the cloud album art is still stuck as the single's art.

I removed all music from my device but the wrong album art still showed (I had turned on the option of "show all music" in the music app) so this confirms that this is a problem with cloud album art.

I tried turning off the "show all music" option and re-syncing my music, but the problem still persists ONLY in gridview. I guess this means that gridview defaults to the cloud album art stored on the device because as soon as I put the phone in portrait, it shows the correct album art.

Restoring the phone might help? But what good would that do if it just pulls down the wrong album art from the cloud?

Album artwork in the Cloud

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.