Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Very confused....

iCloud has me very confused. I have an iPhone, ipad2, intel Mac and a MacBook. If I want all of these to sync with iCloud but have no clue where to start!

Do I need to upgrade to lion for the Mac and then set up iCloud there and it syncs everything once I change whatever settings are necessary?

If I don't upgrade to Lion can I still sync iPad, iPhone, mail and all that and would at mean my Mac wouldnt be included?

Maybe the question is do have to upgrade to Lion on the Mac (which is my main computer) in order for scything to work?

Thoughts and guidance are appreciated. And in case you can't tell from this rambling, I really am not well versed in all of this!

Posted on Jan 16, 2012 8:44 PM

4 replies

Jan 16, 2012 8:57 PM in response to Evazquezvela

See the following articles for info on iCloud:

Basic Information About Moving From MobileMe to iCloud

Apple IDs and iCloud

Creating an iCloud account- Frequently Asked Questions

Frequently asked questions about the MobileMe transition and iCloud

MobileMe services that no longer sync after moving to iCloud

MobileMe- About moving to iCloud

iDisk is not part of iCloud. If you require services like iDisk then you will need to look for third-party solutions such as DropBox, SugarSync, ADrive, Mozy, etc.

Very confused....

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.