Want to highlight a helpful answer? Upvote!

Did someone help you, or did an answer or User Tip resolve your issue? Upvote by selecting the upvote arrow. Your feedback helps others! Learn more about when to upvote >

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

uiTabBar inside details view of uiSplitViewController

Hi I am currently developing an app for the iPad and am having soem difficulties getting a tab bar inside the details view of the split view controller. I have followed the following post https://discussions.apple.com/thread/2099944?answerId=9913278022#9913278022&messageID=9913278&#9913278?message ID=9913278& and found it useful however I have the following issues.

When a tabItem is clicked my event fires just fine. I am attempting to add a new View via the following code.

if (tab1ViewController == nil) {

self.tab1ViewController = [[ImageControlleralloc] initWithNibName:@"ImageController"bundle:nil];

}

[self.viewinsertSubview:tab1ViewController.viewbelowSubview:detailsTabBar];

if (currentViewController != nil)

[currentViewController.viewremoveFromSuperview];

currentViewController = tab1ViewController;

This shows the view above my detailsTabBar but over the top of my toolbar (at the top of the screen). Is it possible to have it sit below the toolbar or even squish down below it?

Am I better off adding a UIView in between the tabBar and the toolbar and loading the views into that?

Message was edited by: mattgolding added the wrong link, fixed now

Posted on Jan 16, 2012 10:49 PM

1 reply

Jan 17, 2012 2:29 AM in response to mattgolding

Okay so I was able to achieve this by modifying the insertSubview code to be the following

[self.view insertSubview:tab1ViewController.view belowSubview:_toolbar];

The problem with that is I am unable to get the rotation correct now. It loads fine in Portrait mode (it is designed in Interface Bulider in Portrait mode) but in Landscape mode the view is not autorezing.

Anyone have any suggestions?

Message was edited by: mattgolding Put code inside a code block

uiTabBar inside details view of uiSplitViewController

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.