Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

transferring songs from older ipod (not synced w/ new PC)

Hi Everyone,

I have an ipod with about 3,000 songs (some purchased, but most ripped from actual cd's that I don't have anymore). It was last synced roughly 2 years ago to my old dead PC. I never transferred those songs to my new PC, because I got an iphone (which also has music on it) and fear that syncing my ipod would wipe out my iphone's music library (numerous websites told me this would happen) or vise versa.

I'm fine with not being able to sync my ipod, however, I'd like to burn some cd's from the ipod. Itunes will not give me the option to burn (either in "file" or by right-clicking...not even a grayed out option). I assume this is because the music on my ipod isn't actually stored on the new PC. *note: I have authorized the new PC*

Can anyone please help me out on this one?

I've read about some file sharing programs I can download that will basically rip my ipod files to my PC and then I can add them to my itunes library. I'm not completely confident in such a program.

The only other option I can think of it transferring my ipod to my 2nd PC (which does not have my iphone info on it). But I'm not sure that would even work.

Ultimately, I'm just nervous that if I sync/rip/transfer anything from my ipod...my iphone library will disappear.

Any comments/suggestions are welcomed. Thank you for your time.

iPod classic

Posted on Jan 17, 2012 12:46 AM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Jan 17, 2012 11:38 AM

After further research, I was able to find this EXTREMELY helpful website:

http://www.ilounge.com/index.php/articles/comments/copying-music-from-ipod-to-co mputer/P0/

Ended up going with a third-party developer, SharePod and was easily able to transfer all my ipod music to my computer then import it into itunes.

1 reply
Question marked as Best reply

Jan 17, 2012 11:38 AM in response to infamousree

After further research, I was able to find this EXTREMELY helpful website:

http://www.ilounge.com/index.php/articles/comments/copying-music-from-ipod-to-co mputer/P0/

Ended up going with a third-party developer, SharePod and was easily able to transfer all my ipod music to my computer then import it into itunes.

transferring songs from older ipod (not synced w/ new PC)

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.