Skip navigation

Getting a Greek Keyboard

2722 Views 19 Replies Latest reply: Jan 18, 2012 2:54 PM by TopSteve RSS
1 2 Previous Next
TopSteve Level 1 Level 1 (60 points)
Currently Being Moderated
Jan 17, 2012 9:17 AM

How do you get a Greek keyboard outside of Greec for the MacBook/MacBook Pro

In the UK it is not possable to get a Greek keyboard direct from http://store.apple.com/uk

and any one help?

MacBook Pro, Mac OS X (10.6.7), dead battery due to OS X Upgrade
  • dkclaus Level 1 Level 1 (135 points)
    Jan 17, 2012 9:25 AM (in response to TopSteve)

As far as I know there is no way to order it online outside Greece.

But if you live in another country and want it I know that you can order it in a store - a friend of mine got a Danish keyboard in the US by visiting an Apple Store and order it there. It took a few weeks before he got it.

It would be nice to be able to order online from the US Apple Store when you live in Europe... the products are a lot cheaper - but be aware of taxes if you get caught in customs.

• dkclaus Level 1 Level 1 (135 points)
    Jan 17, 2012 10:06 AM (in response to TopSteve)

Oh sorry - I thought you wanted the keyboard on the Macbook/MacBook Pro to be greek.

I didn't get that it was a wireless you were talking about.

• Tom Gewecke Level 9 Level 9 (70,815 points)
    Jan 17, 2012 10:17 AM (in response to TopSteve)

TopSteve wrote:

BUT NOT GREEK

There is never any guarantee you can get an Apple localized keyboard outside the country where it is used.  There are obviously a lot of other keyboards other than Greek which the uk store does not have:  Hebrew, Arabic, Russian, Bulgarian, Japanese, Taiwanese, Korean, Czech, Hungarian, Romanian, etc.   All of these exist.

Jan 17, 2012 10:38 AM (in response to TopSteve)

PS TopSteve -- I am curious how you can be sure that the MacBook Pro or MacBook Air sold in Greece with a Greek keyboard has been modified by the local seller to install a non-Apple keyboard.  It is not an easy thing to do.  The Cyprus store does not charge any more for a Greek keyboard.

Jan 18, 2012 4:59 AM (in response to TopSteve)

TopSteve wrote:

If you look at the link I posted and will re-post you will see that from the UK you can get att the localized keyboards by mail order BUT NOT GREEK that is unfare. 

I have looked at your link again but I still cannot find all sorts of localized keyboards that do exist, like Arabic, Hebrew, Bulgarian, Japanese, Taiwanese, Korean, Czech, Hungarian, Romanian.   So as far as I can tell, Greek is certainly not the only one missing.   Or do you see these keyboards there?

Jan 18, 2012 7:29 AM (in response to TopSteve)

Nobody in these forums represents Apple, just other users like yourself.

Of course there are lots of people who would like to avoid the higher prices (and sometimes high taxes) in their native country by buying their Apple stuff in some other country.  Personally I can understand why Apple would not go out of its way to facilitate this, as it could make it hard to maintain viable local service and sales operations for its products in many countries.  But you can tell Apple how you feel about that via their feedback channels:

http://www.apple.com/feedback/

The Greek wireless keyboards I found on the Greek websites sure look exactly like Apple keyboards.  Does it matter exactly who makes them?  Almost all Apple stuff is made in China in 3rd party factories.

http://www.skroutz.gr/s/66112/Apple-Wireless-keyboard.html

• fane_j Level 4 Level 4 (3,655 points)
    Jan 18, 2012 7:50 AM (in response to Tom Gewecke)

Tom Gewecke wrote:

Almost all Apple stuff is made in China in 3rd party factories.

Quite so. Try

<http://www.coconut-flavour.com/coconutid/index.html>

Jan 18, 2012 8:16 AM (in response to fane_j)

fane_j wrote:

Quite so. Try

<http://www.coconut-flavour.com/coconutid/index.html>

Interesting, thanks!

1 2 Previous Next

Actions

More Like This

• Retrieving data ...

Bookmarked By (0)

Legend

• This solved my question - 10 points
  • This helped me - 5 points
This site contains user submitted content, comments and opinions and is for informational purposes only. Apple disclaims any and all liability for the acts, omissions and conduct of any third parties in connection with or related to your use of the site. All postings and use of the content on this site are subject to the Apple Support Communities Terms of Use.