Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Pages will not stop crashing

Starting last night, whenever i loaded a large document, Pages would crash. I split one large document into two not so large documents, and the problem didn't go away. Either it stops responding altogether making me do a force quit or it brings up the document only to deny the mouse any function after about ten minutes. Past that point, i cannot use the mouse unless i close out of pages and open it up again. I can do whatever that most important edit was and then after a few mintes the mouse stops working again. Literally it will not accept a click on any part of the windows document. Usually, the keyboard and the keyboard shortcuts work.

Also, i am not having mouse problems in any other program, and this is spanning two computers.

i limped along like this, keyboarding everything, saving frequently, until this last crash when the saves i'd done for the past two hours did not take, even though i was able to make edits as long as i didn't use the mouse. Each time i hit save, apparently, nothing happened. Now, sadly, the crashing is also happening for tiny documents. A few minutes ago, it took four tries to get my one page inventory sheet to print out since Pages kept going nonresponsive.

Any ideas?

iMac (27-inch Mid 2011), Mac OS X (10.7.2), Happening on my iMac & macbook

Posted on Jan 17, 2012 10:36 AM

1 reply

Jan 17, 2012 11:21 AM in response to asha_f

(1) How must I explain that when a document was saved once under Lion the only way to force a manual Save is to close the document.

Cmd + S don't save the document?

It save the changes in a hidden folder to allow us to retrieve old versions when we work on the document.

(2) Try to run Pages from an other user account.

This would tell us if the wrongdoer is in your current account or if it's in the huge set of files share by every users.

Yvan KOENIG (VALLAURIS, France) mardi 17 janvier 2012

iMac 21”5, i7, 2.8 GHz, 12 Gbytes, 1 Tbytes, mac OS X 10.6.8 and 10.7.2

My Box account is : http://www.box.com/s/00qnssoyeq2xvc22ra4k

My iDisk is : http://public.me.com/koenigyvan

Pages will not stop crashing

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.