Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Program Switching

I am having stability problems with iPhoto. When working on an album the program will switch to "Last Import File" without any action on my part. This will normally occur when first loading the album I intend to work on. It also occurs when editing a photo in an album or moving a photo around in the album forcing me to switch back to the Album in question and restarting the action.

I have tried all the rebuilding options without solving the issue.

iMac, Mac OS X (10.7.2), iMac 2.5GHz Intel Core i5

Posted on Jan 17, 2012 11:34 AM

6 replies

Jan 17, 2012 11:53 AM in response to Schnblume

Try this: launch iPhoto with the Option key held down and create a new, test library. Import some photos and check to see if the same problem persists. If the problem persists in the test library try the following: make a temporary, backup copy (if you don't already have a backup copy) of the library and try the following:

1 - delete the iPhoto preference file, com.apple.iPhoto.plist, that resides in your

User/Home(User uploaded file)/Library/ Preferences folder.

2 - delete iPhoto's cache file, Cache.db, that is located in your

User/Home(User uploaded file)/Library/Caches/com.apple.iPhoto folder.

User uploaded file

Click to view full size

3 - launch iPhoto and try again.

NOTE: If you're moved your library from its default location in your Home/Pictures folder you will have to point iPhoto to its new location when you next open iPhoto by holding down the Option key when launching iPhoto. You'll also have to reset the iPhoto's various preferences.

OT

Jan 18, 2012 10:00 AM in response to Schnblume

When I started up iPhoto with the option key down the box that appeared above where you select a new library had 6 identically named iPhoto Librarys already listed. I selected one and received a message saying that the Library selected would have to be updated to match the current operating system. I did and it loaded an older version of my iPhotos. I renamed my current preferred library to differentiate it from the others and rechecked the box and it was in last position on the list.

Jan 18, 2012 10:27 AM in response to Schnblume

What you might want to do is move all of those libraries into the Pictures folder making sure each has a different name, i.e. iPhoto Library_1, iPhoto Library_2, etc.

Then you can determine which has all of your photos. If you need to merger those libraries in order to get all of your photos you'll need to use iPhoto Library Manager. It will merger the libraries into a new library and cull out any duplicates along the way.

Program Switching

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.