Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

XDCAM 1080p24. . . "Conforming Mpeg-2 Video. . ." ???

Working with XDCAM 1080p24. . . Whenever I render (which isn't often), I get a "Conforming Mpeg-2 Video. . ." Dialog box. All my sequence setting match. . . I'm just terribly curious what it is conforming too?

All footage came from F3, L&T'd in FCP 7.0.3. . .

Any thoughts?

~M

Posted on Jan 17, 2012 11:46 AM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Jan 17, 2012 11:51 AM

This is normal. xdcam is an mpeg2 format in which each frame is not descrete, but is compressed based on nieighboring frames (except for i frames) and although it can play some effects realtime, when you render and/or export, it has to render everything.

If you want to avoid this, you might want to transcode to prores before editing.

4 replies
Question marked as Best reply

Jan 17, 2012 11:51 AM in response to PhotoAja

This is normal. xdcam is an mpeg2 format in which each frame is not descrete, but is compressed based on nieighboring frames (except for i frames) and although it can play some effects realtime, when you render and/or export, it has to render everything.

If you want to avoid this, you might want to transcode to prores before editing.

Jan 17, 2012 12:06 PM in response to Michael Grenadier

Michael,

Thanks for the quick response.

One thing that I looked for in the L&T window (after installing the XDcam Plugin) was the option to transcode to Prores (LT would have been preferred, with an online to HQ later), but I couldn't seem to find the options in the menu (I had all the Prores flavors under my RED plugin in the same menu, for example).

Would I have to transcode in Compressor after L&T?

~M

XDCAM 1080p24. . . "Conforming Mpeg-2 Video. . ." ???

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.