Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Two iPhones to control one Apple TV?

How to I use two iPhones with Remote App to control one Apple TV?

Seems like I can only have one home sharing account active at a time on the Apple TV 😟

Posted on Jan 17, 2012 4:34 PM

2 replies

Jan 18, 2012 1:21 AM in response to Light Speed

You'd need to sign in with the same Home Sharing account on both devices in theory.

The old AppleTV did not use Home Sharing and Remote app apired differently.

Home Sharing does not take account of households where there are multiple accounts it ssmes to me, all of whom might want to access AppleTV - I haven't tested as I only have 1 account, but you might well be able to Airplay stuff using Remote from a different account, just not control the Home Shared AppleTV menus directly on screen.

AC

Mar 22, 2015 5:43 PM in response to Alley_Cat

Is this still the case? My wife and I have separate accounts. It's our first Apple TV (we haven't had any of the older versions) and we each have our own iPhones and accounts. We tried "Family Sharing" and it didn't seem to work, but I'd love to see if there exists a way for each person to simply use their account whenever they were controlling Apple TV. With Google's Chromecast, whoever is using the phone controls the device and can stream their content. Multiple people can control it and as long as they are signed in through their handheld device (iPhone or Android), their content gets streamed.

I'm guessing it's not like that at all. My wife is signed into the Apple TV Remote Application on her iPhone on my Home Sharing account now and she can control the Apple TV. Ideally, she could be signed into her Home Sharing account and share her content, and I on my iPhone signed into my account and stream my content.

She's signed into her iPhone on her account, but Home Sharing on mine. I'm not entirely sure that purchases and such will end up in the "right places".

I'm very much interested in hearing if there is a way to use the one Apple TV with two Home Sharing accounts.

Two iPhones to control one Apple TV?

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.