Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Trouble restarting Mac OS after using Boot Camp

I am using Mac OSx 10.6.8 and have Windows 7 on my Boot Camp. In probably 90 percent of the times I restart my Mac OS side after using Boot Camp, my computer freezes during the startup. I usually get to my desktop screen but my desktop icons don't fully load and it freezes, or if I try and open an application in my dock, I get the spinning ball of death and I have to restart.

A co-worker suggested opening in safe mode and then going to my preferences file and looking for any .plist file that appears corrupted and then deleting it before restarting. That usually works except for the times I can't find anything that looks corrupted. Also, there are times when it starts up and my dock is back to the computer's default setup. Sometimes my clock gets set to a different time as well.

On occasion, I've sometimes restarted as many as a dozen times before things kick in correctly.

I don't have any applications in the startup menu. This thing just has major problems restarting after using Boot Camp. (I have a co-worker with the same exact issue). It's a pain when I am in a hurry after using Boot Camp.

I don't have privileges to run disk utility or do anything similar so before I take it into my IT folks, I'm wondering if this is an issue with anyone else and if there is another solution.

macbook pro, Mac OS X (10.5)

Posted on Jan 17, 2012 5:09 PM

There are no replies.

Trouble restarting Mac OS after using Boot Camp

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.