Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

itunes cannot locate or access the itunes64.msi file to update

iPod touch, Windows Vista, 64 bit

Posted on Jan 17, 2012 5:41 PM

14 replies

Jan 17, 2012 9:32 PM in response to PureBS90

Okay. Let's try newer versions of the instructions, then.

Download the Windows Installer CleanUp utility from the following page (use one of the links under the User uploaded file thingy on the Major Geeks page):

http://majorgeeks.com/download.php?det=4459

To install the utility, doubleclick the msicuu2.exe file you downloaded.

Now run the utility ("Start > All Programs > Windows Install Clean Up"). In the list of programs that appears in CleanUp, select any iTunes entries and click "Remove", as per the following screenshot:

User uploaded file

Quit out of CleanUp, restart the PC and try another iTunes install. Does it go through properly this time?

Jan 18, 2012 6:03 PM in response to b noir

Unfortunatly another issue has come up. I was able to update my iPod and iTunes. But now my iTunes doesn't want to recognize my iTouch when I try to plug it in. It give me the following error, "iTunes could not connect to this iPhone because an unknown error occued (0xE8000065) I know my iPod is a touch but in the error it says iPhone. Don't know why.

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.