Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

iWeb Download

ciao!

I have a new Mac Air and I'd like to use iWeb but I cannot understand how downloading it.

Is it in iLife pack? if so, I have iPhoto, iMovie and Garageband, already. So why don't I have iWeb on my Mac?

Please help me!

Thank you in advance!

FrancyGal

iWeb '08

Posted on Jan 18, 2012 4:05 AM

9 replies

Jan 18, 2012 11:08 AM in response to FrancyGal

It's now confirmed that iWeb and iDVD have been discontinued by Apple. This is evidenced by the fact that new Macs are shipping with iLife 11 installed but without iWeb and iDVD.

On June 30, 2012 MobileMe will be shutdown. HOWEVER, iWeb will still continue to work but without the following:

Features No Longer Available Once MobileMe is Discontinued:

◼ Password protection

◼ Blog and photo comments

◼ Blog search

◼ Hit counter

◼ MobileMe Gallery

All of these features can be replaced with 3rd party options.

I found that if I published my site to a folder on my hard drive and then uploaded with a 3rd party FTP client subscriptions to slideshows and the RSS feed were broken. If I published directly from iWeb to the FPT server those two features continued to work correctly.

There's another problem and that's with iWeb's popup slideshows. Once the MMe servers are no longer online the popup slideshow buttons will not display their images.

User uploaded file

Click to view full size

However, Roddy McKay and I have figured out a way to modify existing sites with those slideshows and iWeb itself so that those images will display as expected once MobileMe servers are gone. How to is described in this tutorial: #26 - How to Modify iWeb So Popup Slideshows Will Work After MobileMe is Discontinued.

In addition the iLife suite of applications offered on disc is now a discontinued product and the remaining supported iApps will only be available thru the App Store from now on.

HOWEVER, the iLife 11 boxed version that is still currently available at the online Apple Store (Store button at the top of the page) and those copies still on the shelves of retailers will include iWeb and iDVD.

This may be of some interest to you: Life After MobileMe.

OT

Jan 20, 2012 12:04 AM in response to FrancyGal

iWeb has not been discontinued by Apple, that is MobileMe, so please note the difference. iWeb is an app and you can still use it.

Yes, if you want iWeb you will still need to purchase the boxed set of iLife 11 that contains iWeb and iDVD and you can purcahse this from the Apple Store online or from Amazon.

There is lots of other web design software available for the Mac - just search this forum by putting in something like 'alternatives to iWeb' and lots of topics will come up.

Your unique question is asked on an almost daily basis on these forums!

Start with RapidWeaver, Sandvox, Freeway Pro/Express, Adobe Muse, Flux 3, WebDesign, PageSpinner, Coda, WordPress.com, WordPress.org, Drupal, Joomla and Weebly.

iWeb Download

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.