Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Question:

Question: Safari logging me out of Facebook

I am being constantly logged out of my Facebook, this is whenever I leave my Mac for a longer period of time, or when it goes into sleep, or I quit Safari.

I have checked "Remember me", and never had this problem before about 3-4 days ago. There were no Safari updates in that time that I know of...

I have tried deleting the Facebook cookie, and also emptying my cache to no avail.

MacBook Pro, Mac OS X (10.7.2), 2.4GHz Core i7, SSD, Hi-Res Glossy

Posted on

Question marked as Solved
Answer:
Answer:

Hey, I solved it, you just need to remove Skype from your apps on Facebook (Facebook Account Settings -> Apps)

Posted on

Question marked as Helpful

Jan 26, 2012 12:41 PM in response to Rudolfensis In response to Rudolfensis

I have the exact same problem. It started a few days ago from nowhere. I tried to reset safari 3 or four times. Nothing. Today I even sent the problem to Apple through "Report Bug To Apple..." in the safari menu.
Chrome doesn't give me the same issue.

There’s more to the conversation

Read all replies

Page content loaded

Question marked as Helpful

Jan 26, 2012 12:41 PM in response to Rudolfensis In response to Rudolfensis

I have the exact same problem. It started a few days ago from nowhere. I tried to reset safari 3 or four times. Nothing. Today I even sent the problem to Apple through "Report Bug To Apple..." in the safari menu.
Chrome doesn't give me the same issue.

Jan 26, 2012 12:41 PM

Reply Helpful (2)

Jan 26, 2012 12:51 PM in response to Rudolfensis In response to Rudolfensis

I don't think that's the problem either since I don't use file vault. But I would suggest you to submit the problem to Apple as well. There will be at least a chance they will look into it. For me is hugely annoing, I don't want to switch browser, I love Safari.

Jan 26, 2012 12:51 PM

Reply Helpful

May 22, 2012 3:32 AM in response to Rudolfensis In response to Rudolfensis

I have been having this same problem for about a week out of no-where! Safari just won't let me stay logged in to Facebook for more than 10 minutes at a time! I hadn't just done an update and nothing new has changed. I cannot seem to find a way around it and it is highly annoying! Any ideas anyone?

May 22, 2012 3:32 AM

Reply Helpful

Jun 11, 2012 4:26 AM in response to Rudolfensis In response to Rudolfensis

This is driving me nuts too.. did anyone find out how to fix it?

I have Safari 5.1.7 and it's so annoying. This only just started happening to me last time I updated Safari.

My OS is also up to date.

I've deleted the prefs/library files associated with Safari and reset it.

Any answers?

Thanks

Jun 11, 2012 4:26 AM

Reply Helpful
User profile for user: Rudolfensis

Question: Safari logging me out of Facebook