Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Loading videos freezes my mac screen!

Video loading causes my mac screen to freeze forcing me to restart the mac! any ideas would be aprecited

iMac

Posted on Jan 18, 2012 8:38 AM

7 replies

Jan 19, 2012 7:13 AM in response to callumwcarr

It's time to get back to basics since we know very little about your system and how you are trying to view the videos.

What model iMac do you have?

What version of the OS is installed?

What application(s) are you using to view the videos?

Have you tried creating a new user account to see if the issue goes away?

Is there another application you can try to vide the same video? (eg use Firefox instead of Safari)

Have you run the built in Apple Hardware Test diagnostic to see if it generates any errors?

Have you tried booting in safe mode? See http://support.apple.com/kb/HT1564

Feb 5, 2012 6:35 AM in response to callumwcarr

If the issue is easily reproducible and occurs with multiple user accounts whether you are using Safari or Firefox, and you have all available updates applied, then you are clearly experiencing something unusual that should be looked at by a service provider. Since you have one of the latest model iMac's your system should still be under warranty. I suggest taking it into a service provider and show them the issue. They can look at the log files, run some additional diagnostics, and determine if you have a hardware issue. Be sure to document exactly how you cause the issue to occur so they can duplicate the problem and verify that they have resolved it.

Loading videos freezes my mac screen!

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.