Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

I have an IPAD that i purchased in the US, why will it not allow me to download Canadian Apps?

I live in Arkansas, and purchased my IPAD here, but i am originally from Canada. I have tried several times to load different apps from Canada, but i get an error that states " Your request could not be completed" ...any ideas why?

iPad, iOS 5

Posted on Jan 18, 2012 11:03 AM

7 replies

Jan 18, 2012 11:06 AM in response to RoxieKat

If you are in the US, using a US credit card, you are in the US iTunes store and are restricted to apps available in the US - doesn't matter where you are from (or where you purchased the iPad, for that matter). Generally restrictions have to do with licensing laws - Apple only makes apps available if they are legally licensed, so availability varies from country to country. What apps are you trying to load?

Jan 18, 2012 11:07 AM in response to RoxieKat

You are currently registered with Apple as a US purchaser. To purchase content from the Canadian iTunes stores you would need to change your account to Canada. To do so you will need a valid Canadian bank card with a valid Canadian billing address. If you change your account to Canada, you will no longer be able to make US purchases.

The way aroud this is to create a separate Apple ID and open a Canadian account if you meet the qualifications to have an account there. I have a US account and a Mexican account. You just have to remember to log out of one account and into the other when making purchases in the different accounts.

Jan 18, 2012 6:53 PM in response to PogoPossum

Does physical location of the iPad matter?

Only when the iOS device is not currently signed into an account in either of the stores. Usually if you open the iTunes or the App store without already being signed into an account, the app will use the IP of the device and open in the store for that country.

Are you able to use both the US and Mexican accounts in Mexico?

Yes.

Jan 18, 2012 7:28 PM in response to PogoPossum

PogoPossum wrote:

Dah-veed,

Does physical location of the iPad matter? Or just the address of the credit card account and related Apple ID account? Are you able to use both the US and Mexican accounts in Mexico?

THe iTunes Store Terms of Sale do, as I recall, stipulate that you must be physically located in the country in which you have the account at the time of purchase. Whether Apple can or will monitor this is unknown. So, it becomes a matter for an indicidual's conscience, I suppose.

I have an IPAD that i purchased in the US, why will it not allow me to download Canadian Apps?

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.