Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

How Can I Recover Paid For iPod Click Wheel Games

Well, well, well. It seems that Apple iTunes had really ****** me off today. Here is what happened

Recovering iPod Classic Click Wheel Games

Here is my story and at the bottom are my Questions

The hard drive on my old computer crashed and I bought myself a new one. When I finally decided to put more on music onto my iPod Classic something happened. iTunes disabled without deleting my $300 worth of iPod Classic Click Wheel Games. I've called and contacted them for support to no avail. I believe I forgot to authorize my new computer before putting on my new music.

Just before Christmas I called Apple support asking questions & the man on the phone didn't have very good advice for me. He said that maybe iTunes could replace the games for me. So I started looking at iTunes for iPod Classic Click Wheel Games and they were no where to be found. Apparently Apple had removed them from the store and yet they sell iPod classics.

http://www.macrumors.com/2011/09/30/apple-removes-ipod-click-wheel-games-from-it unes/

After Christmas I tried again to contact them about my iPod Classic to try and have my $300 worth of click wheel games replaced. While I waited on the phone for an hour while they played poor quality music into my ear giving me sever headache. I was already frustrated as it is and when I got a hold of someone she I had trouble understanding her. (I have poor hearing, had a headache and was frustrated) She gave me advice to contact Apple about the iTunes store. I called again and got a hold of someone who i could better understand. He gave me a step by step information which was the same as the last person I had contacted.

Now I sent an email to iTunes store asking if i could get help

All the iPod Classic Click wheel games files were still on my iPod. Now I needed some way of retrieving the files. I made a that attempt at contacting apple and they told me that i Could "Check for Available Downloads". Which was the very first thing I'd Tried. But these are files which i believe apple only allowed One Download. I could not get my files from Apple.

Now I sent them a 4th Very long message stating what happened and Asking for Answers for Four Questions.

The files are still on my iPod Classic & I would like to Please get some answers to My Questions Which I WANT You PLEASE to Help Me with.

The files are still on my iPod Classic & I would like to know.

1) Is there a way for me to Re-Activate my 2.3gb of iPod Classic Games so that they will once again work?

2) Is it possible to copy the games from my iPod onto my computer & How Can I Copy these iPod Classic Games from my iPod Back Onto my Computer?

3) If I can find these files from somewhere else lets say one of my friends or Bit Torrent. Can I copy or download the files to Replace my $300 worth of games and put them back onto my iPod?

4) If I find a way to replace my games without Apple & iTunes help. Will Apple iTunes let me put the games back onto my iPod without deleting them thinking that I have stolen something which i paid for?

After all I have already paid for the files.

I really want to Download these games back from Apple iTunes Or to re-activate my iPod classic games and copy them from my iPod back onto my computer. It seems that this isn't possible. If this isn't possible I Am Going to Be very Skeptical about ever getting a iPod Touch or iPhone. I've already been telling a lot of people about my problem.

So Far Unfortunately for me Apple & iTunes has not been very much help.

Thank You for reading my message. Please help me with the answers to the 4 Questions

The message which they sent back Has Made Me Angry. I'm Not going on apple pay per incident Paying $35 for a phone call if they can't send me an email with answers to these four ******g questions. So I suppose you can tell that right now I Am ****** Off.

Since I sent the first message I authorized my new computer which didn't re-activate me games.

Then I went onto Google searching "how to copy files from iPod to computer."

Which Led me to this website

http://www.ilounge.com/index.php/articles/comments/copying-music-from-ipod-to-co mputer/

I downloaded a trial version of Touch Copy

Somehow I managed to re-activate my lost games and copy most of the files back onto my computer using "Touch Copy".

Then I downloaded the last 4 missing files from somewhere else but I'm not posting where i got them.

Now that I have fixed my problem without Apple's expensive help
I Really Want To Know the answers to questions # 3 & 4

3) Can I copy or download the files to Replace my $300 worth of games and put them back onto my iPod?

4) Will Apple iTunes let me put the games back onto my iPod without deleting them thinking that I have stolen something which i paid for?

After all I have already paid $300 for the files.

I Thank You For taking the time to read my message.

PLEASE HELP ME

iPod classic, Windows Vista

Posted on Jan 18, 2012 11:57 AM

3 replies

Apr 14, 2012 7:52 AM in response to Alexie Sundukov

Alexie Sundukov wrote:

1) Is there a way for me to Re-Activate my 2.3gb of iPod Classic Games so that they will once again work?

Transfer your purchases into an authorized library, recover other media from the device, restore the device.

2) Is it possible to copy the games from my iPod onto my computer & How Can I Copy these iPod Classic Games from my iPod Back Onto my Computer?

Transfer your purchases into an authorized library

3) If I can find these files from somewhere else lets say one of my friends or Bit Torrent. Can I copy or download the files to Replace my $300 worth of games and put them back onto my iPod?

Not really. All ClickWheel games should be locked to the account used to purchase them. If your friend wished to authorize your library that would work. At the time of purchase you were told that you got only one (successful) download of the content after which it would be your responsibility to maintain backups.

4) If I find a way to replace my games without Apple & iTunes help. Will Apple iTunes let me put the games back onto my iPod without deleting them thinking that I have stolen something which i paid for?

It will be fine. If you transfer the games into your library they can then be copied to any compatible device where they will work. The key is that the library doing the transfer is authorized to the relevant account when you update the content.

tt2

How Can I Recover Paid For iPod Click Wheel Games

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.