Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Navigation bar overload

What Happens if I have a large website with 50 pages. Will there be 50 items on my welcome page navigation bar? Or can I have new navigation bars on other pages?

ibook g4, Mac OS X (10.3.x)

Posted on Jan 18, 2012 1:31 PM

4 replies

Jan 18, 2012 3:52 PM in response to James Fernald

To have different navigation bars on certain pages, you'd have to get rid of the automated NavBar and build one yourself. To remove the navbar or remove pages from the navbar, open inspector, click on the far left tab, then on the "Page" tab under that, and uncheck either "include page in navigaion menu" or "display navigation menu".

Jan 28, 2012 2:03 PM in response to James Fernald

You can't do a dropdown bar without much dificulty, so I wouldn't reccommend doing it if you can avoid it.

My method for doing a custom navbar:

Click on the "Shapes" drop down menu in the bottom tool bar. Select the square/rectange shape. This will put a box on the page.

User uploaded file

Double-click on the box to type some text into it, like "Home". By using the text tab in the Inspector, set the text to be centered both vertically and horizontaly.

User uploaded file

You can also customize the box's color and setting in the "Shapes" tab of the Inspector (The one with the blue circle and green square).

Then, head over the the hyperlink tab of the inspector (the one with the blue circle and white arrow inside). Making sure that the box is selected (not the text inside it), tic the "enable as hyperlink" box and set it to hyperlink to one of your pages. Then select the page.

User uploaded file

Using this system, you can set up different sets of links in the navbar for different pages. For example, my page here http://3michigan.org/Site/Enlist.html has two different navbars, one horizonally on top and a vertical one in the right sidebar. To use the same bar on all your pages, command-click all the boxes which you want, then copy and paste onto all your pages.

Navigation bar overload

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.