Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Help! Does HD play on iPad?

I just purchased a tv episode that is downloading now. I didn't notice beforehand that it is in HD. I intend to play it on my iPad--I don't even have HD TV. How can I stop the download and order the non-HD version?

Posted on Jan 18, 2012 3:50 PM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Jan 18, 2012 4:23 PM

You can watch the HD version on the iPad.

With iPad you can download and watch HD (High Definition) Movies and TV shows right on the iPad. All HD movies come with an iPhone and iPod-compatible SD (Standard Definition) version.

By default, when syncing video to iPad, iTunes will sync the HD version to iPad when available.

If you prefer to sync SD video content to iPad:

1. With iPad connected to your computer, select it on the left side of the iTunes window.
  2. Click the Summary Tab.
  3. Scroll down to the Options section and select the checkbox for "Prefer standard definition videos."
  4. Now when you sync videos to iPad, only SD versions will be synced.

User uploaded file

To undo your change, simply repeat the above steps and uncheck the box next to "Prefer standard definition videos."

(from http://support.apple.com/kb/HT4095)

3 replies
Question marked as Best reply

Jan 18, 2012 4:23 PM in response to susanmarcia

You can watch the HD version on the iPad.

With iPad you can download and watch HD (High Definition) Movies and TV shows right on the iPad. All HD movies come with an iPhone and iPod-compatible SD (Standard Definition) version.

By default, when syncing video to iPad, iTunes will sync the HD version to iPad when available.

If you prefer to sync SD video content to iPad:

1. With iPad connected to your computer, select it on the left side of the iTunes window.
  2. Click the Summary Tab.
  3. Scroll down to the Options section and select the checkbox for "Prefer standard definition videos."
  4. Now when you sync videos to iPad, only SD versions will be synced.

User uploaded file

To undo your change, simply repeat the above steps and uncheck the box next to "Prefer standard definition videos."

(from http://support.apple.com/kb/HT4095)

Help! Does HD play on iPad?

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.