Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

How do I copy Excel worksheet cells into a Keynote table? The XL2K link is dead!

To me, this seems like a perfectly ridiculous problem to be wasting so much time on. I don't care about formulas. I simply want to select a group of cells in an Excel worksheet and copy them into a table in Keynote. If the formatting can be retained, even better, but I would settle just for an option where I don't have to painstakingly copy one cell at a time.

It seems like every link to XL2K that I have clicked on goes to the same defunct MobileMe site.

Help!

Keynote '09-OTHER, Mac OS X (10.7.2)

Posted on Jan 18, 2012 4:33 PM

3 replies

Oct 8, 2012 2:16 PM in response to frekin

You may already have had this answered considering your post was 10 months ago, but I was as surprised as you to stumble upon this problem since it's seems so rudimentary. In case you haven't had this answered yet here are a couple suggestions:

1. Open the document in Numbers (this normally retains most of the formatting/colors/etc). You can select a range of cells and copy/paste into Keynote exactly as you would expect. This is a bit of an extra step, but achieves the intended result.
  2. If you don't have Numbers/don't want to do it that way, then a screen capture works well. command+shift+4 allows you to select a portion of the screen as a picture which is saved on the desktop. You can actually put this image directly into your clipboard by using command+shift+control+4, bypassing the saved file cluttering up the desktop. The downside to this is that you cannot change the values without re-doing the table and repeating the screen capture process.

If you already found a better answer, I would love to hear it. Hope this helps.

-Kevin

Apr 17, 2015 6:23 AM in response to kdrummer

I'm having the same problem. It's been extremely frustrating that the Mac tools don't understand how to retain formatting. I followed your steps and trying using Number (ugh, what a horrible tool in itself!). The cell colors actually retain when I copy it into Keynote, but I cannot resize it. So the chart is off the page. There's a little white box at the bottom that one would think allows a user to resize, but it doesn't do anything but let me move the entire chart around.

I'm a strong PPT user but cannot for the life of me master this Keynote tool. If there is any how-to book or site out there, I would be eternally grateful.

User uploaded file

How do I copy Excel worksheet cells into a Keynote table? The XL2K link is dead!

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.