Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Apple Hardware Test on new Mac Pro

Hello all !

I have a MacPro which came with Lion (no disks of course), and would like to run AHT on it as the HD is making some rather interesting noises ... Head crash here we come ! (Which is strange as it's a Black WD - brand new of course - and should have many good years ahead ...)

So I have done the searches and found how I should be able to just use the "D" Key and with the Wireless Internet connection I have I should be able to get to the "Internet" based Hardware test I would have thought ...

No luck so far, any suggestions, or idea if my model is supported ...

MacPro 2 x 2.4GHz Quad Core, 10.7.2, wireless internet connection OK

Thanks in advance !

Mitch

Mac Pro, Mac OS X (10.6.8)

Posted on Jan 18, 2012 5:10 PM

2 replies

Jan 18, 2012 5:18 PM in response to Mitch

1. Press the power button to turn on your computer.
  2. Press and hold the D key before the gray startup screen appears. An Internet-enabled connection via Ethernet or Wi-Fi is required to use this feature.
    Note: Some Macintosh computers that shipped with OS X Lion support the use of Apple Hardware Test over the Internet. These computers will start up to an Internet-based version of AHT if the hard drive does not contain AHT.

http://support.apple.com/kb/HT1509

Apple Hardware Test on new Mac Pro

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.