Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Is the iTunes Match Updating (Library) Process Never Ending For You Too?

I think that I added about 1200 songs to my iTunes Library over the past 3 days. A lot of those songs are obscure and are certainly NOT in the iTunes store so it will have to upload them, but this latest updating process is going so slow it seems like it might be stuck. I rebooted my system and started iTunes again. Maybe this will help. What's odd is that the process seems to linger near the end of 'Step 2: Matching Your Songs With Songs in The iTunes Store' indefinitely--which seems odd. I would think that if it was an 'uploading issue' that 'Step 3: Uploading artwork and remaining songs' would be where the process would hang up and not on Step 2, which should seemingly fly by.

Has anyone else experienced this hang nail with iTunes Match?

We have good speed broadband (cable supplied) Internet service through Time Warner.

Posted on Jan 18, 2012 5:12 PM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Jan 18, 2012 5:15 PM

19 countries were added to the iTunes Match service in the last day or two. The servers are overloaded because of this, so give it a few days until the server load decreases.

6 replies

Jan 18, 2012 5:51 PM in response to ST67

ST67 wrote:

Going forward, I think Apple needs an iCoud/iTunes Match 'System Status Page' that users can check before they undergo big uploads at home.. Dropbox and many other Cloud-Based Services do that and I think Apple could certainly benefit from cluing in their customer base in Real Time.

http://www.apple.com/support/icloud/systemstatus/

But notice the date and status. I also heard from phone support that this is really for iCloud and not necessarily iTunes Match itself. I agree that they should extend this out to iTM as well - would make a lot of sense and would avoid the confusion we are experiencing.

Is the iTunes Match Updating (Library) Process Never Ending For You Too?

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.