Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Empty Playlist on iPhone after Synching with iTunes Match

I just got iTunes match and at first, it looked like a brilliant idea. Problem is, I imported 7500 songs from my network drive (the wife, the kid and I share the same music folder) and start uploading to iTunes Match. Then I created 3 folders in my playlists. 1 for me, 1 for my wife and one for my kid. Inside each folders, I created a bunch of playlist... more or less 500 total

Since I did that, I can see ALL the playlist on my iphone 4 which is very cool, but some playlist are empty... even though I can see they are not in Itunes.

My original thought was to simply empty the playlist from iTunes that my iPhone saw as empty and just drag the songs I wanted again... it worked on some playlist but not on all... even worst, some playlist that were "ok" are now empty.... what's going on here???

--

On a more personal note: How imbecile is this to not be able to "physically" synch the playlist that I want to my iphone and simply show the rest of my library in iTunes Match. Some music I want to have on my iPhone and I just don't want to download it again, especially the songs I bought on iTunes, I KNOW they are in good quality... how hard would it be to simply let me synchronize the files that I want and have iTunes Match handle the rest. This whole thing about letting iTunes match handle EVERYTHING is simply ******** and I seriously hope they correct that. Some people will want to be able to download everything, some like me will want to manage the content... can't believe they just didn't see this coming... just my 2 cents.

iPhone 4, iOS 5.0.1

Posted on Jan 18, 2012 5:18 PM

There are no replies.

Empty Playlist on iPhone after Synching with iTunes Match

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.