Apple Event: May 7th at 7 am PT

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

I can't delete photos in iPhoto.

Whether I hit the delete key, drag the photo to the trash can or use the arrow menu on the photo, I just get a beep sound. The picture cannot be deleted.

Help!

iMac, Mac OS X (10.7.2), 27" Core i7

Posted on Jan 18, 2012 6:16 PM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Jan 18, 2012 6:41 PM

Okay, I recently added some smart folders. I guess you can't delete photos from smart folders.

3 replies

Jan 18, 2012 11:06 PM in response to luv my iMac

You can.

Command-option and delete will remove a pic from a Smart Album to the Trash.

That said, an deleting a photo from an Album simply removes it from the Album, not the Library. A Smart Album is a search, and if a photo matches the terms of the search then it's in the Smart Album. Want to just remove it from the Smart Album: change the terms of the search.

Regards

TD

Apr 28, 2015 6:35 AM in response to luv my iMac

I found this workflow to be helpful. I was going through a smart album deleting photos of a certain type. So when you find one you want to delete, just add a keyword to it, like "delete". Leave the "info" on the right side up. That didn't seem like a lot of extra work. Then when you are done, go back to "events" and do a search for "delete" and all will show up. Make sure those are the ones you want to delete, then select all and trash.

I can't delete photos in iPhoto.

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.