Want to highlight a helpful answer? Upvote!

Did someone help you, or did an answer or User Tip resolve your issue? Upvote by selecting the upvote arrow. Your feedback helps others! Learn more about when to upvote >

Newsroom Update

Final Cut Pro transforms video creation with Live Multicam on iPad and new AI features on Mac. Learn more >

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Final Cut Pro X - Keyframe Transform help (bouncing video)

This is kind of hard to explain, but I hope I do a good job. I have a video on top of a white background (the video doesn't take up the whole screen - some white is showing). I then add a keyframe where the video starts, and then add another as I have it slide across the white area to a different part of the screen. However, when the video moves from one side of the screen to the other, it "overshoots" the destination, and then "bounces" back to where I added the 2nd keyframe.

Basically, I just want the video to go from one part of the screen to the other part without that "bouncing back" effect. Is there any way to do this? I couldn't find anything while searching. Thanks.

-TitanVex

MacBook Pro

Posted on Jan 18, 2012 10:21 PM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Jan 19, 2012 2:02 AM

You may have a keyframe at the end of the clip which returns the video to its original position. If so, go to that keyframe and adjust it.

Andy

4 replies

Jan 19, 2012 2:23 AM in response to andynick

On re-reading this, I think you may have unwanted keyframes on this parameter.

If I were you, I would clear all the keyframes and start again. taking care to nail down the start and finish positions.

If you're certain there are no unwanted keyframes, try trashing your preferences:

Download Digital Rebellion's Preference Manager (free, simple to use, and perfectly safe, both to download and use).

http://www.digitalrebellion.com/prefman/

Andy

Final Cut Pro X - Keyframe Transform help (bouncing video)

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.