Newsroom Update

Final Cut Pro transforms video creation with Live Multicam on iPad and new AI features on Mac. Learn more >

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Can you explain when using keywords and addding them to various clips pressing ctrl and a number eg. 1 or 2 it simply closes down FCPX. Just to the dock as would th yellow -sign. As you gather I am new to this program having only used Final Cut Express 4

Can you explain when using keywords and addding them to various clips pressing ctrl and a number eg. 1 or 2 it simply closes down FCPX. Just to the dock as would the yellow -sign. I am new to this program having only used Final Cut Express 4 previously.

iMac (early 2009) 24in 2.93GHz 4GB 1066MHz DDR3 SDRAM (To be upgraded ot 8GB in the nextfew days) os x 10.7.2 Lion

Posted on Jan 19, 2012 5:55 AM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Jan 19, 2012 10:44 AM

Check System Preferences. I think Control-1 is used by something in the OS now. Switch it off. It's a major p[ain the way the OS is taking over more and more of the keyboard, allowing less options for application use.

3 replies

Can you explain when using keywords and addding them to various clips pressing ctrl and a number eg. 1 or 2 it simply closes down FCPX. Just to the dock as would th yellow -sign. As you gather I am new to this program having only used Final Cut Express 4

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.